Session I – JULY 2020
15 July – 17 July 2020 – Admission MASTER
Registration: 15 – 16 July 2020 (on-line on UTCB platform)
Language proficiency test on-line: 17 July 2020
Admission results: 17 July 2020
Session II – SEPTEMBER 2020
14 September – 16 September 2020 – Admission Master
Registration: 14 – 15 September 2020 (on-line on UTCB platform)
Language proficiency test on-line: 16 September 2020
Admission results: 16 September 2020
Number of places
(at specializations Structural Engineering in French and Structural Engineering in English)
For Romanian and EU candidates:
- 10 places for budget-funded studies
For candidates from outside the EU:
- 100 tuition fee places
For more details check: Number of places
Documents required for registration
- Registration form (on-line on the platform provided by UTCB);
- The baccalaureate diploma, equivalent to it
- The agreement for the processing of personal data signed in handwriting
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Identity card
- The receipt proving the payment of the registration fee for admission (100 lei) or proof for the total exemption from the payment of the registration fee for admission
- Certificate of language proficiency
* it is possible to opt for taking over the data regarding the results obtained at the baccalaureate exam from SIIIR
For more details check: Required documents.
Admission and tuition fees
- The registration fee for the admission contest is 100 lei, for the admission sessions in July and September 2020. The registration fee is paid online on the platform provided by UTCB
- The following are exempt from paying the registration fee for the admission competition and benefit from free accommodation in dormitories: children of teaching and auxiliary teaching staff who are working, retired or deceased, regardless of the educational institution where they work, orphans and candidates from orphanages or family placement orphans and candidates from orphanages or family placement.
For more details check: Admission and tuition fees.
What is the way of admission?
Admission for Engineering specializations is based on a file and an oral test / interview taking into account the results of the bachelor’s exam. Upon admission to the master’s degree cycle, the graduates with a bachelor’s degree of the bachelor’s degree cycle organized according to Law no. 288/2004 on the organization of university studies, with subsequent amendments and completions, graduates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent of long-term university studies organized according to the Law in force no. 84/1995 *), republished, with the subsequent modifications and completions, as well as the graduates of the studies carried out abroad and recognized by the specialized directorate.
The admission average is calculated but two decimals without rounding. The minimum overall admission average cannot be lower than the grade 6.00 (six). The activation of the master’s degree programs is done on the condition that the number of students admitted to a specialization exceeds the minimum enrollment figure of 35 places approved by the UTCB Board of Directors. The exceptions are the master’s degree programs in which the number of allocated tuition is less than 35 places, and these will be activated according to the figure announced in the admission leaflet.
Language proficiency test
The language competence test will take place after the registration process ends and will be made on-line.
Candidates with one of the following attestations are exempt from the linguistic competence test:
- English: CAE, CPE, TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, AQA, bilingual certificate;
- French: DELF, DALF, TCF, TEF, TFI, Diploma de l’Alliance Française, bilingual certificate;
- High school graduates with full-time English or French teaching are also exempted from the language proficiency test.
The attestations will be loaded on the on-line platform.
For more details check: Language proficiency test.
What is the admission process?
A candidate can choose several specializations
alternative 1 the student is admitted in his first option
alternative 2 the student is not admitted and is redistributed
alternative 3 the student is admitted in his second option on the vacant places
alternative 4 the student is not admitted in his second option on the vacant places
alternative 5 the student is admitted in his N option on the vacant places
alternative 6 the student is not admitted in his N option on the vacant places
In the case of alternative 6, the candidate can choose the alternative of paid places.
The list of eligible candidates, the programming of the language proficiency test, the results and other announcements will all be posted on the Announcements and Admission Results page.