Structural Engineering in French
At the Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS) within UTCB (university with “high degree of confidence“, grade awarded by ARACIS) three master’s specializations are waiting for you: “Structural Engineering” in English (Master of Structural Engineering) and French (Master Ingénierie des structures), both accredited by MEN and ARACIS starting with the academic year 2013-2014, and starting with the academic year 2019-2020, FILS organizes the master’s course in English specializing in AQUATIC ENVIRONMENT ENGINEERING AND SCIENCE. The programs of studies in the field of civil engineering at UTCB are ranked in category A of MEN.
UTCB signed a double degree agreement with the Université de Liège in January 2017 for both FILS Masters in Structural Engineering (an agreement that will work with mobility in both directions, the selected students will attend the first year of master at the home university and the second year in the partner university, some of the selected FILS students will benefit from Erasmus + support for mobility). At the Université de Liège the second year master’s courses will be in English.
Students enrolling in FILS master’s degrees also have the possibility of obtaining two diplomas simultaneously (one as an engineer – in France and another as a master’s degree – in Romania), within the double degree agreement concluded between UTCB and Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech, France. In this case, the selection of candidates is made during the last semester of the degree at UTCB.
- Master Structural Engineering – in English
- Master Structural Engineering – in French
- Aquatic environment engineering and science- in English
The advantages of studying in a foreign language
- lectures, seminars and laboratories taught in English or French (including French classes with a French lecturer and support for obtaining the DELF/DALF diplomas);
- increased opportunities for hiring in multinational companies active in Romania or for hiring abroad;
- the possibility of obtaining simultaneously two diplomas, within the agreement of double diploma between UTCB and Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech, France;
- development of skills to work in international multi-disciplinary teams (the students at FILS come from various countries);
- possibility to study abroad in one in one of the 62 partner universities from 15 countries for 1 semester up to two years and the possibility to validate the results through the system of transferable credits;
- access to the Centrul de Reusita Universitara AUF-UTCB and to Lectoratul Francez
- possibility to benefit from internships in construction companies in France (during the summer holiday);
- recognition of studies made in Romania in France (Acord între Guvernul Republicii Franceze si Guvernul României privind recunoasterea academica a diplomelor si perioadelor de studii din învatamântul superior)
UTCB Tei Campus
- Accommodation capacity – 2400 places in student dormitories situated at 3 minutes walk from the University
- Student cafeteria
- Modern sports hall
- Location: near lake Tei, Sports cultural complex Tei and Ghika palace