Civil engineering in English
Let’s build the world together!
Construisons le monde ensemble!
Proiectează și construiește viitorul!
Everything surrounding you – house, block, building, mall, stadium, factory, silo, tower, antenna is designed and built by engineers. As a civil engineer you can influence the way in which the world you live in looks like.
Civil Engineering offers you the chance of a successful career. You will work in a vital domain for the society, with great diversity, which will challenge you continuously and will always be interesting. It will also allow you to leave something to the world through projects which will make life better and safer.
At the Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages (FILS) within UTCB (university with high degree of confidence according to ARACIS), two specializations await you:
Civil Engineering in English
Civil Engineering in French
both certified by MECTS and ARACIS. The Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is ranked in class A according to MECTS.
Starting from 2018, the Bachelor’s programs “Civil Engineering” (constructions) in English and French within FILS are certified EUR-ACE® from ENAEE – European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education.
After graduating the first cycle (Bachelor), you have the possibility of continuing your studies at UTCB with cycle II (Master degree) within one of the ten specializations in Civil Engineering and then cycle III (Ph.D. degree).
You can become
- structural engineer or site engineer for civil, industrial or agricultural buildings;
- civil engineer in public administration;
- member of the faculty staff, researcher or consultant in constructions;
- entrepreneur, manager or sales representative in the field of civil, industrial or agricultural buildings;
- engineer responsible for technical service (purchasing, maintenance);
- real estate development engineer;
The advantages of studying in a foreign language
- lectures, seminars and laboratories taught in English or French (including French classes with a French lecturer and support for obtaining the DELF/DALF diplomas);
- increased opportunities for hiring in multinational companies active in Romania or for hiring abroad;
- the possibility of obtaining simultaneously two diplomas, within the agreement of double diploma between UTCB and Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech, France;
- development of skills to work in international multi-disciplinary teams (the students at FILS come from various countries);
- possibility to study abroad in one in one of the 62 partner universities from 15 countries for 1 semester up to two years and the possibility to validate the results through the system of transferable credits;
- access to the Centrul de Reusita Universitara AUF-UTCB and to Lectoratul Francez
- possibility to benefit from internships in construction companies in France (during the summer holiday);
- recognition of studies made in Romania in France (Acord între Guvernul Republicii Franceze si Guvernul României privind recunoasterea academica a diplomelor si perioadelor de studii din învatamântul superior)
UTCB Tei Campus
- Accommodation capacity – 2400 places in student dormitories situated at 3 minutes walk from the University
- Student cafeteria
- Modern sports hall
- Location: near lake Tei, Sports cultural complex Tei and Ghika palace
See what other college graduates have said.