ADVANTAGES OF MINOR PROGRAMS:
– Do you want to attend courses offered by 6 EUROPEAN UNIVERSITIES? (to interact with university professors from other countries and to attend courses different to your specialization?)-Do you want to have course mates from 5 other European universities in different countries (France, Spain, Croatia, Greece, Lithuania)? (a network of contacts, friends, future partners)
-Next year we want to initiate SHORT-TERM PHYSICAL MOBILITY (further details depending on the evolution of travel restrictions).
2. RELEVANCE AND IMPACT OF MINOR PROGRAMS:
– Both the Blue Economy and Growth and Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism programs are addressing growing GLOBAL CHALLENGES, such as PREVENTING THE DESTRUCTION OF COASTAL AREAS AND THEIR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT.
-The 6 universities in the EU-CONEXUS alliance aim to bring SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS to these challenges and one of them is represented by the initiation of these Common Minor programs, open to all undergraduate students (year 2,3,4) who will become FUTURE EXPERTS IN DEVELOPMENT OF COASTAL AREAS in each partner country, in certain segments.
– If you have ever considered a career in PORT ADMINISTRATION, COASTAL ENGINEERING, COASTAL REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT, REGIONAL OR LOCAL ADMINISTRATION,
SUSTAINABLE MARITIME TOURISM, OR EVEN WITHIN NGOs, going through these Minor programs will help you be closer to your goal.
– At the end of your studies in addition to the Bachelor’s Degree, you will obtain AN EU-CONEXUS CERTIFICATE ATTESTING TO YOUR SECOND SPECIALIZATION in « Blue Economy and Growth » or in « Coastal Development and Sustainable Maritime Tourism ».
– To obtain the EU-CONEXUS MINOR CERTIFICATE, the student must accumulate 30 CREDITS, following 5 COURSES DURING 3 SEMESTERS, FROM 3 DIFFERENT UNIVERSITIES in EU-CONEXUS, each course has 6 credits.
3. FREEDOM AND WIDE RANGE OF CHOICE OF COURSES:
– Completing a Minor program is NOT MANDATORY, students can enroll independently in 1-2 courses from any Minor only for one semester, out of interest or curiosity for that course. You will not get a certificate, but the course will be ADDED TO THE DIPLOMA SUPPLEMENT.
– Being universities with different specializations, the courses are offered in various fields, so a UTCB student could choose a course like SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORT ENGINEERING FOR COASTAL REGION (UTCB) and also choose a CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION MANAGEMENT (UCV) COURSE.
This fact represents an innovation in education, the possibility to choose such a different course to your specialization, from another European university.
– Students can enroll in 1-2 COURSES PER SEMESTER, starting with the next semester, obtaining the Certificate at the end of next year.
The courses available in the next semester are displayed in the registration form, in two different tables depending on each Minor.
– For each course, UTCB has 5 PLACES AVAILABLE, if there will be more than 5 students enrolled per course, a waiting list will be created and we will check with the other universities whether or not they have filled the places available for them.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: OCTOBER 26, 13:00 PM.
Please follow the following steps (only bachelor students in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of studies are eligible):
* Fill in the REGISTRATION FORM,
* Prepare your CV IN ENGLISH, mentioning the EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES in which you participated within the University or in the EU-CONEXUS project,
* Write A LETTER OF MOTIVATION explaining the reasons why you choose the Minor program and/or the courses you enroll in (what study and career plans you have, interest in the topics of the courses, interest in international experience, etc.)
* Prepare your PROOF OF THE LEVEL OF YOUR LANGUAGE SKILLS IN ENGLISH (Cambridge, Toefl, TOEIC, or any similar certificate); no problem if you don’t have it, you’ll participate in a 10 minutes oral test organized on 30TH OF OCTOBER.
* Send all documents by email to RAMONA DIAC, EU-CONEXUS MINOR OFFICER, email@example.com (you can also ask her everything you want about the Minors, courses, procedure)