University year 2021-2022
The Faculty of Engineering in Foreign Languages announces the beginning of the academic year 2021-2022 on Monday 27.09.2021
We will be back with details on the opening ceremony.
The educational activities of teaching and evaluation of the students, as well as the final exams will take place in a face-to-face system (Scenario 1 – Daily participation with physical presence of all students / trainees in the university respecting all the provisions of the UTCB Guide on sanitary and protective measures and the rules imposed by the applicable legislation in force) for students enrolled in undergraduate, master’s and doctoral studies of all years of study, as well as for foreign citizens enrolled in the Romanian language preparation year program and in the Non-University Tertiary Students College.
The exceptions are the teaching activities of the courses, which will take place online. Other exceptions to this scenario may be approved by the UTCB Board of Directors, upon a reasoned proposal from the faculties, the Doctoral School, the Teacher Training Service, the Non-University Higher School.
For students in the last year of studies, for the development of diploma projects, bachelor’s / thesis dissertations, face-to-face interaction between the supervising teachers and the students is possible, subject to an agreement mutual, in compliance with all the provisions of the health and protection measures of the UTCB and the rules imposed by the applicable legislation in force. In the absence of mutual agreement, the interaction between guidance teachers and students will take place online.
The student practice activity will take place in scenario 2 – Participation in the mixed system, in compliance with all the provisions of the UTCB Guide on the implementation of health and protection measures and the rules imposed by legislation. applicable in force.
The Board of Directors and the Senate of UTCB will analyze each week (the last working day of the week) the epidemiological context, or in case of exceeding the cumulative incidence rate during the last 14 days of cases in Bucharest of 6 per thousand inhabitants, and will update the applied scenarios.
Questions and answers
When does the check-in start?
On September 23, the list of distributions on rooms in dormitories is displayed, and between September 24-26, the distributed room can be checked in.
What can it be done if a student cannot check-in the dorm room on September 24-26?
The student can fill in the comments of the accommodation request or send an email to email@example.com and specify the date when the check-in can be done. In addition to the request for payment delay, the fee for the first month must also be paid.
When and where can the accommodation rate be paid?
The recommendation is to pay through the UTCB platform dedicated to fees payment, in order to have a quick record of these. On this page you will also find the bank account where transfers can be made. Payment for the first month of accommodation can be done after the accommodation lists are displayed on September 23, when the student can clearly learn which is its distributed place.
Can a student give up the dorm room if switching to the online system?
Yes, but the rate for the current month remains paid in full.
What happens to the distributed room if the student gives up the place and then the situation reverts to the face to face system and wishes to return to the dorm?
Apply again and you will receive an available room. We cannot guarantee that your room has not been assigned to another student in the meantime
[Accommodation questionnaire in UTCB dormitories – update 11.09.2021]
The questionnaire can be completed here: https://forms.office.com/r/cJyNCUUzB2
[Accommodation in UTCB dormitories – information updated 10.09.2021]
The room accommodation fees approved by the Administration Council and proposed for approval by the UTCB Senate for the date of September 23 are:
- Student dorm 3 – 750 lei
- Student dorm 4 – 750 lei
- Student dorm 5 – 880 lei
- Student dorm 7 – 850 lei
The proposed accommodation rates are non-subsidized and are valid for one room. This fee is divided by the number of students in the room and the corresponding subsidy is deducted for each, if any. In the academic year 2020 – 2021, the subsidy was 160 lei per student. The accommodation fee for the first month is half of the accommodation fees of a room without subvention lei and is paid online starting with September 23, 2021, at 8 pm, before taking over the dormitory room. This advance fee will not be paid by foreign scholarship students of the Romanian state, as well as by orphan students.
Rules for accommodation in UTCB dormitories in the academic year 2021-2022 according to the Decision of the Administration Council dated 09.09.2021
These rules are only applicable during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
1. Accommodation in UTCB dormitories is made only for persons who:
- a. have at least 10 days from the complete vaccination schedule against SARS-CoV-2 virus (for which the European COVID digital certificate is presented). If the person wishing to stay does not have a complete vaccination schedule, he / she must present a SARS-CoV-2 * test performed a maximum of 24 hours before the accommodation, and subsequently every 7 days, for the entire accommodation period until the completion of the complete scheme;
- b. presents a SARS-CoV-2 * test performed with a maximum of 24 hours before accommodation, and subsequently every 7 days during the entire accommodation period;
- c. have undergone SARS-CoV-2 disease in the last month, and then 180 days later, either show proof of a complete vaccination schedule or a SARS-CoV-2 * test approved every 7 days for the entire period of accommodation.
The epidemiological triage is done when the persons responsible for it take over the dormitory room. Students accommodated on the basis of the SARS-CoV-2 * test, after taking over the room, have the obligation to bring to the administrator, every 7 days, a new approved SARS-CoV-2 * test.
2. Visits of students accommodated on the UTCB campus, outside the dormitory where they were assigned, are allowed between 8.00 and 22.00.
3. Visits to the UTCB dormitories of persons not accommodated in them are allowed between 8.00 – 15.00 only on the basis of the European COVID digital certificate against SARS-CoV-2 which is scanned at the entrance to the dormitory. The person is also registered in the visitors’ register, and the responsibility for its actions lies with the person accommodated in the UTCB dormitory. As an exception, for UTCB students not accommodated in the university dormitories, visits can be made between 8.00 and 22.00, the access being made until 15.00 for the verification of the European digital COVID certificate.
4. Article 32 of the Regulation on the organization and operation of student dormitories and canteens of the Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest is not applicable until 31.12.2021. The decision regarding the application of this article 32 is modified depending on the evolution of the disease rate in the Municipality of Bucharest, rate communicated weekly by DSPMB.
5. The UTCB dormitories can accommodate a maximum of two people in a room. At the request of students it is possible to accommodate three people in a room provided that they are from the same faculty, year of study, specialization and series.
6. For the infringement of points 1 to 3 of this Decision, the sanction of Article 40 of the same Regulation shall apply: Violation of the Articles of this Decision shall be sanctioned in the first phase with a warning, and for recidivism it is sanctioned with the loss of the right to stay in UTCB dormitories for the current academic year, with the exception of article 33 of the Regulation on the organization and operation of student dormitories and canteens of the Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest.
* SARS-CoV-2 test means an antigen test or an RT-PCR test performed in a center approved or recognized by the Ministry of Health.
Extract from the Regulation on the organization and operation of student dormitories and canteens from the Technical University of Civil Engineering Bucharest.
Art. 32 In case of accommodation during the state of alert, necessity or urgency, when the risk of contamination with a SARS-COV2 virus in the dormitories belonging to UTCB is high, the trips within the dormitory / dormitories will be limited and visitors will be forbidden external. To solve some administrative problems, access is allowed in the ground floor-administration area, between 08.00-15.00 from Monday to Friday. External visitors are allowed to enter the UTCB dormitories only on the basis of the presentation at the entrance to the dormitory of the evidence (in physical or electronic format) of vaccination against the SARS-COV2 virus.
Art. 33 For the violation of the provisions inscribed in the present regulation, the following sanctions will be applied, depending on the gravity of the deviations:
- (1) warning;
- (2) exclusion from the home for 6 months;
- (3) exclusion from the dormitory for one calendar year;
- (4) permanent exclusion from UTCB dormitories throughout the study period, for serious and repeated deviations from the dormitory discipline;
- (5) expulsion from the faculty for serious deviations from the norms of collective coexistence;
- (6) the prohibition of submitting the application for accommodation for the following academic year.
Art. 40 The violation of article 32 is sanctioned in the first phase with a warning, and for recidivism it is sanctioned with the loss of the right to accommodation in UTCB dormitories for the current academic year, with the exception of article 33.
- According to the instruction 232 of July 7 2021 for ensuring the vaccination in the educational units of students, their families and their own staff, issued by the National Coordinating Committee of Activities on vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 from the Public Health Directorate of Bucharest, vaccination universities can be organized through mobile teams. If the survey of UTCB students and staff identifies the need to bring a mobile vaccination team to the university, the management will take all necessary steps for this activity.
- Near the university’s Lacul Tei Campus (approximately 2 km distance) there is one of the largest vaccination centers, respectively Center 1 Bucharest Metropolitan Circus (Aleea Circului, No. 15, Sector 2) where vaccination with 3 types of vaccines is possible: Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson.
- Students can resort to the UTCB Medical Office which is part of the School Medicine Network in the Capital taken over based on CGMB Decision no. 146 / 30.08.2012 by the Bucharest Hospitals and Medical Services Administration (ASSMB). The office is located on the ground floor of home number 4.
- Antigen tests can be found at the price of 50 lei in private medical laboratories in Bucharest. These are not accepted if they are performed by students, and antigen tests cannot be performed at the UTCB Medical Office because two flows cannot be provided, one input and one output.